Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh no he di'nt

Following my workout today (dumbell snatches, 4 rounds heavy bag with O2 debt, incline negative medicine ball situps) I was walking out with a colleague, and we spotted this magazine cover:



Me: "Ha! That's pretty funny"
Him: "Yeah, look at that, he's all pimped out."
Me: "Waitaminute. You know who the original picture is of, right?"
Him: "Yeah, well..."
Me: "So FDR wears this and he's just FDR. A black man wears the same thing, and you think he's a pimp?"
Him: "..."
Me: "Dude, you need to go get yourself some training."
This is the same guy who I caught expaining to someone exactly why it is that black men can't swim. Means well, nice guy, but somewhere along the line he missed getting a few memos.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO - thanks for sharing that story. I got a good chuckle out of that.

    And I don't think my race has anything to do with why I cannot swim. I blame my lame parents for not taking me to pools as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gamalam: It's never too late! You know how I've been doing all these explosive leg exercises? If I can learn to jump, you can learn to swim!

    Glad you enjoyed- thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete