Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Workout Update for 3/3/2009

I seem to have reached a new stability on weight: 144lb before most workouts and 143lb after. I've decided not to risk deadlifts or back squats for a while, and am compensating with other exercises and lifts. It seems to be going well... the pounds I'm lifting are going up on most exercises, the boys in the locker room are saying I'm leaner (stop thinking that, right now.) and my wife pronounced my abdomen "like a rock" (and again, stop thinking that.)

Sunday workout: at home -
  • 25 reps on the flat bench with 60# dumbells: superset with DB rows
  • Then upstairs to the living room for 25x 20kg kettlebell snatches and 25x clean and jerks (each hand), while watching a dumb movie.
Monday workout:
  • front squats: 195# which I think I've never done in a front but have exceeded in a back squat. 25 rep method. Superset with...
  • pullups: 20# on the belt; 5sets x 3reps in the "rest-pause" style
  • military press: 90# ; 5sets x 3reps in the "rest-pause" style, superset with...
  • jump-lunges (that is, do a lunge, jump and switch legs in the air) 5x8, holding 20# dumbells

Tuesday workout (today): I meant to do a 28 minute mayhem, but I had too much fun with the first exercise and stayed with it.

  • DB snatch: 65#, did 5sets x 3 reps as a rest-pause. Felt so good I did 3sets x 2 reps at 70#! Each hand, naturally.
  • Close grip pulldowns: 155#, 5x3 rest-pause. Superset with...
  • Dips; 35# on the belt, 5x3 and then another 4.
  • Sprints: 5x one lap track sprints
  • Ballistic pushups: 5x5, full airborne each time. Brutal.

Had a big omelet for lunch after.

No comments:

Post a Comment