Friday, May 8, 2009

A Large New Toy

The gym at work got a new weight rack, and it's gorgeous. Features adjustable rails that almost go low enough for deadlifts--but I found I can get them to the right spot and stand on a platform to get the level correct. Now I can drop the weight to save my back and not crack the concrete under the rug.

I took yesterday off from the gym and even smoked a small cigar. If I had found a piece of pie I would have eaten it. But Wednesday I was a good boy:

Deadlifts: 15x 225#, single reps
Incline dumbbell press: 25x 60#, sets per "huge in a hurry"
Chinups: 20x me+20#, per Hin-a-H
Overhead dbell triceps extension: 25x 40# Hin-a-H
Floor Wipers: 25 each side= 50

My son didn't want to go to school this morning. I told him I didn't want to go to work and we should both just go fishing. He stopped crying and told me I HAD to go to work, then he got dressed for school.

Damn. I wanted to go fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment